Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Refraining from Generalizing

  I was aiming to edit these writings, before my father died and hell broke loose in my family. Now I am getting back to it. But as I aim to correct some of my mistakes I realized that I have also generalized way too much. In my writings I wrote things like "Israel" did this or "the Zionists" did that....etc. In this situation I had also done this with "the Jewish," because Israel has been being referred to as "the Jewish state." When I generalize like this, in my mind and heart I know that its never ALL the people in that group or country, who are involved in the crimes, and I assume that other people think the same way. But I think that many people do not think this way; when they hear, "The Zionists did it" they are apt to blame every individual who is or was a Zionist. And, unfortunately, some blamers are too heartless to not treat people badly. 

    So.... I am working at not generalizing in my writings, but I still may make mistakes, especially when I'm overwhelmed. (Bad habits sometimes die hard.) So I hope those of you, who read mine and other people's writings, will realize that; even in groups like "the Zionists," which have been responsible for intrusively creating Israel in Palestine and gathering the Jewish people there and killing and displacing masses of Palestinians...etc., there are probably some Zionists who do not realize the bad intentions or bad behaviors of some of the others. We should never blame every individual in a group, even when the group, in general, is responsible for bad things.  And we should NEVER be mean to people even when they have done wrong. Striking back is NOT the way to fix things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and considerate. I do not check in very often, so please excuse me if I do not respond to a question.