Tuesday, November 7, 2023

An Optimistic Song

Several times now, I have seen extreme optimism in the Palestinian people in Gaza. And it feels sad to me, because, although it comes from a strong faith, it is probably also fed by the type of denial that people have at times like this - when the pain is just too excruciating to face and feel. I know what it feels like - to feel so scared and trapped and in so much pain, that I just flip into imagining a world where I am free and everything is OK. I've done this many times in the past several years. During those times I've even designed my organic gardens and the home I want to build...etc. It helps me to survive. And I'm sure this sort of optimism helps the Palestinian people to survive right now, when everything is just too horrible to even start the grieving process. I felt the sadness in this song, even though it is not sung in English...

Maher Zain - Alhubbu Yasood | ماهر زين - الحب يسود (Loving Palestine 🇵🇸) https://youtu.be/6t_jxZGk04E?si=3XlgopBIGPYY-kSq


There is more on this link;
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLosHhrNh7LB6Ufo_dRAAtjel-u18us1Rs


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and considerate. I do not check in very often, so please excuse me if I do not respond to a question.